Getting engagement on your LinkedIn company page can be one of the biggest LinkedIn marketing strategy challenges businesses face.
Promoting your LinkedIn company page properly and creating engaging content that drives shares is essential.
This article presents 50 ways to grow your LinkedIn company page.
LinkedIn Marketing Strategy: 50 Ways to Grow Your Company Page
1. Ask your employees to add your page as their workplace to their LinkedIn profiles. This is an automatic follower increase.
2. Optimize your content for sharing — for example, publish useful lists in place of articles for more shares. This is one of the best content approaches to build a good LinkedIn strategy.
3. Use the LinkedIn company follow plugin to put a follow button on your website or blog.
4. Share YouTube videos. Followers who engage with videos make twice as many interactions (shares, comments, etc.) as they do on non-video posts.
5. Optimize your LinkedIn page for search engines. Include relevant keywords in your description and in your posts.
6. Engage with your current connections and page followers FIRST. There’s no point in attempting to grow your page with a new LinkedIn marketing strategy if you’re not bothering to engage with the network you already have. Make a point of regularly commenting on and sharing other people’s posts.
7. Use LinkedIn groups. Participate in industry-related groups, sharing your thoughts and insights.
8. Share company news on your page. More than half of all professionals say they follow companies on LinkedIn simply for news updates on the company in question. Make company news an essential part of the content distribution for your LinkedIn marketing strategy.
9. Promote your LinkedIn page via your other marketing channels: Facebook, Twitter, your email list, etc. A good LinkedIn strategy isn’t enough if you don’t use the power of cross-promotion on other social media outlets.
10. Create multiple LinkedIn Showcase pages to highlight different departments, product categories or company initiatives. These pages work alongside LinkedIn pages, giving you more opportunities to grow your brand and engage with your customers.
11. Add the LinkedIn share button next to all your website content.
12. Include a link to your company page in the bio of your guest blog posts.
13. Hold an employee contest to see how many LinkedIn followers they can drive, then give a valuable reward to the winner. This fuels viral sharing — exactly what you’re looking for from your LinkedIn marketing strategy.
14. Add a link to your company page in your product packaging or brochure.
15. Write a blog post about LinkedIn, and link to your page within the post.
16. Post regularly to LinkedIn Pulse and encourage shares and comments in the body of your posts.
17. Monitor your LinkedIn analytics to see what kinds of posts are resonating and create more content geared to your followers. This will guide your LinkedIn strategy with real numbers. You may be surprised at what works and doesn’t!
18. Share content you didn’t write but is useful to your industry/followers. A steady stream of new content is helpful.
19. Use images in all your page posts.
20. Ask your employees to consistently share your page posts for maximum visibility. The best LinkedIn marketing strategy involves your employees in a structured effort to share your content.
21. Follow other businesses in your industry and engage with and share their posts. Many will be likely to return the favor.
22. Include a call to action at the end of your blog posts, asking your visitors to follow your company page on LinkedIn.
23. Add a LinkedIn company widget to your website’s sidebar. The widget displays relevant info about your company, as well as a follow button to attract clicks through to your page.
24. Limit the self-promotion. As with any social media platform, keep the promotional content to a minimum. The 80/20 rule works on LinkedIn just as it does elsewhere.
25. Post regularly. In order to consistently grow your page, you’ll need to make an effort to post relevant content on a regular basis.
26. Create an industry-related LinkedIn group. Share valuable information and facilitate interesting discussions, establishing your group as a hub for those in your industry. Periodically share relevant page content with group members to supplement current discussions.
27. Share job postings on your page. Popular job postings often lead to an increase in page followers.
28. Make sure your company profile is complete. LinkedIn shows a preference for complete bios in on-site search, so make sure yours is 100% complete. No LinkedIn marketing strategy is complete without a well-rounded LinkedIn Company profile!
29. Track your company’s LinkedIn content marketing score. This score will tell you what percentage of your LinkedIn audience you’re actually reaching. It can also show you how your reach compares to others in your industry, so that you can improve your content.
30. Use your company page as your current place of employment. This will automatically display your company logo on your personal page, giving people an eye catching button to click through.
31. Share your company page content with relevant LinkedIn Groups.
32. Assign multiple administrators to your page, encouraging them to share to their communities while creating dynamic content.
33. Aim to post your updates M-F morning or noon. These are LinkedIn’s busiest times.
34. Include a link to your company page on your business cards when printing new ones.
35. Leverage your existing LinkedIn connections to grow your page. Ask your personal first-degree network to follow your page, and to share it with their connections.
36. More than half of LinkedIn users say they use the site to follow industry trends. Use this knowledge to help shape your content sharing.
37. Connect with top content-consuming LinkedIn members to dramatically increase content sharing. LinkedIn has a written guide on exactly how to do this.
38. Use LinkedIn targeted updates to segment your page followers. This allows you to tailor your posts to different segments of your audience, increasing relevance and engagement.
39. Ask questions of your page followers. Studies show time and time again that asking a question of readers gets 50% more engagement than posts without a query.
40. Sync all your contacts on LinkedIn using LinkedIn Connected, and then ask new connections to follow your page.
41. Make sure your company page has a well designed image that meets LinkedIn’s media guidelines on the home page. Without this, your LinkedIn strategy will probably underperform.
42. Check out LinkedIn’s Trending Content to find popular topics you can incorporate into your own page posts.
43. Follow more pages and make more connections. The larger your network, the more chances you have to grow your page!
44. Make sure that the first 156 characters of your page description are optimized for search, as this is what will be displayed for your page in the search engine results. Page optimization with keywords is an essential LinkedIn marketing strategy to grow your Company page.
45. Add links to your posts whenever possible. Engagement is higher when there’s an article to link to.
46. Ask your employees to engage with your page’s content. Lots of activity can increase the social proof of your page for those who happen to visit it.
47. Use your LinkedIn account link in your email signature instead of your company webpage. This gets more people heading to your profile than if you send them over to your site.
48. According to LinkedIn, posting at least 5 times per week will hit over 50% of your followers at all times.
49. Use your full business name as your page name. Make it as easy as possible for people to find your page when searching for it using Google or on-site search.
50. Share your LinkedIn posts on Facebook and Twitter. This can increase engagement on your posts, and help build your LinkedIn follower count.
Executing every item on this LinkedIn marketing strategy list will rapidly build your LinkedIn company page followers Which of these LinkedIn strategies are you using?